Technical Analyst / Software Engineer
Civica (https://www.civica.com/en-sg/) is an international market-leading specialist in business-critical software applications, digital solutions and technology-based outsourcing services that help teams and organisations around the world to transform the way they work. This makes Civica a leading partner for customers across Local Government, Library and Education, Health Insurance, Community Protection and Business Services markets. In Singapore, our software and cloud solutions and services have powered some of the most important organisations in our communities.
Our team is proud to work within the sectors we do, where we make a real difference, contributing to the growth of the societies that we live in. Want to join us and help continue our mission?
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Analyst/Software Engineer for our Singapore location. You will be responsible for implementing, deploying and supporting Civica’s software solutions to internal and external customers based on their requirements. There will be opportunities to develop innovative applications or interfaces, and you will work closely with a number of stakeholders including the Development Team, Testers, Product Managers and internal & external customers.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Deploy and automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Review and debug code
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
We are looking for a Technical Analyst/Software Engineer with experience & commitment to work in a fast-paced environment. You will also have:
- 6-8 years software application support experience with strong debugging skills in Windows Server environment
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, IT, engineering or other relevant fields
- Experience working in a front end development team coding web applications
- Knowledge and experience SQL Server and SQL Reporting Services
- Excellent understanding of project estimating, and ability to communicate issues and risks that might impact development timeline, budget or resources
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specifications documents
- Excellent time management skills and is self-motivated
- An interest in learning new technologies and keeping up to date with the latest in web design and web standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
At Civica, we believe our people are our biggest asset and we pride ourselves on cultivating a supportive and modern working environment; whilst providing you with the tools you need to get the job done. We will offer what you would expect in today’s modern work environments:
- Opportunity to join a growing and successful business
- Genuine career development
- Strong values in integrity and teamwork
Do we sound like a good match? If so then we would love to hear from you! Please send us your resume outlining how your experience, aspirations and values are a match and we will take it from there. Kindly include at least two referees in your resume, one of whom would be a supervisor/manager you report(ed) to.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.