Civica (www.civica.com) is a market-leading specialist in business-critical software applications, digital solutions and managed services that help teams and organisations around the world to transform the way they work. Civica’s software and digital solutions are market leaders in their industries and are known globally.
In Australia, our software and cloud solutions and services have powered some of the most important organisations in our communities; like schools, libraries, local councils and state agencies, community organisations, and others to help them meet the changing needs of the citizens they serve. Our team is proud to work within the sectors we do, where we make a real difference, contributing to the growth of the societies that we live in. Want to join us and help continue our mission?
About The Role
A brand new role based in Melbourne will see you working with our Product Managers and Development Managers from different business units on the ongoing development of Civica’s existing products. You will collaborate with peers in the UK to bring consistent approaches to application architecture across our products locally. Technically, you will have a sound development background that will enable you to influence and drive the latest technology & development principals.
A key influencer, you will pioneer consistency and challenge the status quo whilst aligning our international vision to ensure success in the local market. Supporting the international business across APAC and USA, you will be required to travel frequently.
Working closely with various stakeholders across local and international boundaries you will be initially responsible working with the Local Government team in supporting the Authority product migration to Cloud. You will also be responsible for:
- Creating architecture community principals for the business
- Preparing recommendation and proposal papers for Director review
- Developing high-level migration to cloud approaches to be used by the business
- Undertaking architecture reviews of new products sets acquired by the business.
- Collating current state representations of Civica's complex application sets
- Logical and physical representations of complex application environments. Current state and future state (using object models)
- Presenting architecture material to technical and non-technical audiences
- Awareness of the security, privacy and quality requirements.
- Workshop facilitation and requirements gathering (key focus on non-functional requirements, e.g., reliable, available, scalable and secure solutions)
- Collaborate closely with the Cloud Platform Solution design team to create a joint and cohesive strategy for software development on target platforms
We are looking for a highly capable and technically aware candidate, with experience & commitment to work across international boundaries and flexible to work within a matrix structure. You will also have:
- Vertical level experience in On premise, PaaS as SaaS applications including transformation programmes from legacy applications to cloud native.
- Understands and experience applying the TOGAF framework. (Preferably TOGAF qualified.)
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of API, intelligent edge, automation and other middle-ware layers.
- Experience in Identity and access management solutions(IAM)
- Excellent presentation skills both written and verbal, able to present Civica vision to ‘C’ level clients when required
- Consultative communication approach, able to influence and deliver change through engagement and ‘selling’ the benefits of architecture to business
- Strong commercial judgement and acumen. Understands the balance between customer needs and emerging trends appropriate to markets
At Civica we believe our people are our biggest asset and we pride ourselves on cultivating a supportive and modern working environment; whilst providing you with the tools you need to get the job done. We will offer what you would expect in today’s modern work environments:
- Join a growing and successful business
- Genuine career development
- Flexible working conditions
Do we sound like a good match? If so then we would love to hear from you! Please include a cover letter outlining how your experience, aspirations and values are a match, along with your resume and we will take it from there.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.