IT Support Analyst
Civica has a global Glassdoor rating of 4.2. Check us out!
About UsCivica (www.civica.com) is a market-leading specialist in business-critical software applications, digital solutions and managed services that help teams and organisations around the world to transform the way they work. Civica’s software and digital solutions are market leaders in their industries and are known globally. In Australia, our software and cloud solutions and services have powered some of the most important organisations in our communities; like schools, libraries, local councils and state agencies, community organisations, and others to help them meet the changing needs of the citizens they serve. Our team is proud to work within the sectors we do, where we make a real difference, contributing to the growth of the societies that we live in. Want to join us and help continue our mission?
About The Role
We have an exciting new opportunity for someone who has recently graduate in IT or finished any diploma or certification. Are you keen to start your career in IT? Enjoy talking with people and help different stakeholders?
This is a fascinating role where you will be learning from senior members and engaging with internal staff. We incentive you to grow with us and help you to develop different skills.
Our IT Support Analyst position is a new permanent role based in Melbourne due to our growth.
This role will be required to undertake occasional travels to Geelong.
- Identify, log, categorise, prioritise, and respond to support incidents/requests locally and remotely. Manage and maintain incoming IT tickets in accordance with the agreed SLA’s
- Support and manage Windows devices, Active Directory Users and Groups, Microsoft Office, Outlook for Exchange, Skype of Business clients, and mobile devices.
- Monitor and troubleshoot user networking. This will include LAN and WAN connectivity. Remote access technologies including access VPN and Remote Desktop Gateway are also deployed at Civica.
- Contribute to continual improvement of the IT platform.
We are looking for a superstar keen to learn, grow and be part of an amazing culture.
- You like to help others, build and maintain a strong working relationship within local and global IT members.
- You are super proactive and always keen to learn new ways of doing things
- You are passionate about IT and understand an ITIL focused environment
- Ability to adjust your communication style and approach to accommodate and assist all levels of staff that have varying degrees of IT knowledge
- Possess the ability to work independently with minor guidance
- Demonstrable problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
At Civica we believe our people are our biggest asset and we pride ourselves on cultivating a supportive and modern working environment; whilst providing you with the tools you need to get the job done. We will offer what you would expect in today’s modern work environments:
- Join a growing and successful business
- Genuine career development
- Flexible working conditions
- We are big on sharing celebratory moments, and they often involve cake! (We do gluten free options) – Friday Happy Hour is also a thing
Do we sound like a good match? If so then we would love to hear from you! Please include a cover letter outlining how your experience, aspirations and values are a match, along with your resume and we will take it from there.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.