Civica (www.civica.com) is a market-leading specialist in business-critical software applications, digital solutions and managed services that help teams and organisations around the world to transform the way they work. Civica’s software and digital solutions are market leaders in their industries and are known globally.
In Australia, our software and cloud solutions and services have powered some of the most important organisations in our communities; like schools, libraries, local councils and state agencies, community organisations, and others to help them meet the changing needs of the citizens they serve.
Our team is proud to work within the sectors we do, where we make a real difference, contributing to the growth of the societies that we live in. Want to join us and help continue our mission?
About The Role
Exceptional opportunity for a commercially sound and experienced Finance Director to join the team at Civica. Your primary focus will be to provide the financial leadership and management of two large long term government contracts. Forming part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will provide significant financial input and advice to ensure control and delivery of budgets, forecasts and contractual variations. You will develop a clear plan for the delivery of the budgets and you will work with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve optimal results. Based in Melbourne, there may be occasional interstate travel.
- Provide the financial leadership to ensure delivery of the financial plan.
- Review current plan identifying any gaps and opportunities for enhancement identified with a solution focused mindset
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of financial reports and forecasts; provide a clear insight into the financial condition of the business to help drive the financial discipline and accountability required to improve operating and financial performance
- Advise on financial implications of management decisions as well as establish the financial soundness of current financials
- Form strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders & be a trusted advisor to drive results & outcomes
- Play an active role in the leadership at a senior level by providing input and support where needed; drive a vigorous approach
- Provide analytical support and reporting that provides insight into decision making
We are looking for a highly capable and commercially aware candidate, with experience & commitment to work across international boundaries and flexible to work within a matrix structure. You will also have:
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified with several years+ PQE
- Previous experience in a similar role, managing multi-million dollar contracts
- Experience in the financial / commercial management of long term contracts, preferably outsourcing and/or software development contracts
- Solid project accounting experience & ability to influence at all levels
- Dynamic, highly driven and detailed orientated
- Ability to think laterally & challenge the status quo
At Civica we believe our people are our biggest asset and we pride ourselves on cultivating a supportive and modern working environment; whilst providing you with the tools you need to get the job done. We will offer what you would expect in today’s modern work environments:
- Join a growing and successful business
- Genuine career development
- Flexible working conditions
Do we sound like a good match? If so then we would love to hear from you! Please include a cover letter outlining how your experience, aspirations and values are a match, along with your resume and we will take it from there.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.