Technical Support Engineer/ Application Support
Civica has a global Glassdoor rating of 4.1. Check us out!
Civica is an International market leader in specialist systems and business process services for organisations across the public and private sector. We apply software, cloud-based services and outsourcing to facilitate, improve and wholly transform the way our customers work.
The Civica Group has a clear and focused vision to be the leading IT-based services partner in our chosen markets, helping customers to do more, do better and spend less through our unique combination of people, technology and business process expertise. Combining exceptional customer insight and commitment with operational expertise the people of Civica are a differentiator for our business. Informed by a clear vision we continue to build mutually beneficial and lasting relationships, embracing a core set of values (Knowledge, Integrity & Action) and a strong focus on supporting our people and our corporate responsibility.
About The Role
A great opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join our business based in Mascot. Reporting to the Lead of Managed Operations, you will take a hands-on approch and support the wider business any performance issues, developing documentaiton, working alongside our developers, PMs and management teams to support implmentation of Civica end to end solutions. This is a fast paced role which will give you the opportunity to take ownership of the technical operations and outcomes.
- Develop necessary documentation in the system support area as well as system monitoring tools.
- Develop an efficient process for ongoing system support, update and maintenance.
- Perform issue triaging and root cause analysis by applying linear and logical troubleshooting techniques.
- Share the 24/7 tier-2 application support and product deployment duties with other team members
- Provide ongoing managed services, dev-ops and support services for various Civica applications based on the service level agreements (SLAs).
- Adopt and develop tools, programs and scripts when required.
- Create a centre of excellence through processes and tools within the Civica technical infrastructure and managed operation areas.
- Ensure that deployment, change control and escalation procedures are followed.
You will be a technically astute individual with previous experience in a similar role and excellent communication skills. You will also display:
- Ability to code, script and perform verification testing
- Experience with enterprise IT systems and operations
- Comfort with frequent and incremental release deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools and a desire to seek to maximise the effectiveness of those tools and to assess new tools
- Knowledge and experience in Cloud platforms including AWS and Azure
- Expertise in Windows Servers and Linux Servers
- Knowledge of Network, Firewall, IIS, Apache and Active Directory Configuration
- Knowledge in SHELL scripting, PowerShell scripting and other scripting languages
- Experience in system monitoring and reporting tools
Do we sound like a good match? If so then we would love to hear from you! Please include a cover letter outlining how your experience, aspirations and values are a match, along with your resume and we will take it from there.
Civica is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.